BEACH LIFEGUARD COURSE
HIGHFIELD LEVEL 2 AWARD IN BEACH LIFEGUARDING
- Rescue skills in the sea
- Towing techniques
- Casualty recognition
- Use of rescue equipment
- Rescue and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Defences and releases
- Hazards on beaches and in the sea
- Accident prevention and beach safety
- Observation and supervision
- Systems of work and communication
- Dealing with the public
- Spinal injury management on the
- First Aid
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (adults, children and babies)
- 2-operator CPR
- Use of pocket mask
- Legislation and SOP’s
Continuous assessment during the course, plus a final independent assessment (practical and multiple choice) where candidates must show competence in applying beach lifeguard skills promptly, safely and effectively.
Certificate and Validity
Internationally recognised Beach Lifeguard qualification from Highfield Body for Compliance is valid for 2 years.
Participants should have Basic English skills and very good swimming abilities. They must be able to swim 400m in 8 min and dive 2m deep in the sea. Minimum age: 16 years.