Swimming Pool Safety
HABC International Award in Swimming Pool Safety
- Rescue techniques
- Use of rescue equipment
- Casualty recognition
- Rescue and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Pool Hazards and risk assessments
- Accident prevention and pool safety
- Systems of work and communication
- Spinal injury stabilisation shallow water only
- Basic Life support Adult Child and Infant plus First Aid
- Legislation and Standard Operating Procedure
Continuous assessment during the course plus a final independent assessment (practical and multiple choice questions) where candidates must show competence in applying skills promptly, safely and effectively.
Certificate and Validity Endorsed ‘International Award in Swimming Pool Safety’ from Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance, valid for 2 years.
Candidates are not required to demonstrate any timed swims or endurance in the water but should be confident swimming on their front and back and to recover a casualty from the deepest part of the pool.